Tuesday, August 27, 2002

OK, so maybe my previous posting
made me seem overly positive about equality between men and women in Israel. So things aren’t perfect. So maybe it is more difficult for women to “succeed” in Israel, than for men. But look how many wonderful new laws that help women, the relatively few women MK’s have managed to pass in the Knesset, in recent years. Maybe it’s not the quantity of representation that matters, but the quality.

Oh, and by the way, Justin, I hope you haven't taken my argument personally. We're on the same side, after all. Let's just agree to disagree in this matter.

I forgot to point out that those Likud MK’s I mentioned before, are also Government members.
Naomi Blumenthal is Deputy Minister of Infrastructure; Limor Livnat is Minister of Education; and Tzipi Livni is Minister Without Portfolio.