Saturday, February 26, 2005

It was a meeting of the hevr’e from the reserve unit. Do you remember I told you about these meetings? One of the hevr’e had a birthday. They’d come from all over the country.

They’d been together for years. What hadn’t they been through together? Two Intifadas of combat reserve duty for a start.

But it was a birthday party in a Tel Aviv nightclub that got them.

One of them had brought the invitations to his wedding next month. He was going to give them out to his hevr’e that evening.

He was badly wounded. His lovely bride was killed.

I saw on TV that Zaka, those religious guys who pick up the body parts, came tonight instead of last night because of Shabbat. I don’t know why, I’ve never done this before, but I just got on my bike and went to see.

I took some photos.

zaka

the mess

across the road

zaka on balcony

fox news