Saturday, February 26, 2005

Oy, Israelity is making me nervous. I’m trying to think of something wise and witty and interesting to write there about the wonders of life in Israel, but nothing is coming to mind.

Some commenters find the idea of Israelity boring, but I suppose these are the sort of people who would think Not a Fish boring, so that’s just tough as far as I’m concerned. People who think life should be all excitements and noise and balagan (sorry Rinat, I don’t mean you) are probably of the mental age of the kids in my youngest daughter’s scout troop.

I hate that these people seem to think that if something is boring to them it has no right to exist. Well, the first time I heard a record of the popular Israeli comedy threesome "HaGashash HaHiver" (The Pale Tracker), at the ripe old age of nine with limited knowledge of Hebrew and even less understanding of Israeli humor, I didn’t get it and I was bored out of my mind. I actually remember saying to myself "So this is what they mean when they say 'being bored'". These days I split my sides listening to "HaGashash HaHiver". Boring is definitely relative.